AbeBatJes

Ratings
A common thing I normally see in many servers is that people are having to always ask for example, "What is your bloodtype.", or "Any symptoms or allergies I should be aware of.", and that's perfectly fine because it allows people to get some RP done. However, you'd think that people who have been in the cities would have this information updated one way or another, instead of it just "mysteriously disappearing".

I propose that in the character creation menu, there should be a few extra sections added for roleplay purposes such as: Your family history. Do you have any siblings, parents etc. This will allow that ideology that you have a family, and if you fuck up, they take the toll as well. Plus if someone wanted to be family members in game (they came an agreement in discord or w/e), their actions could have consequences on the other, making them tied as well (all for the sake of RP).

The other bit is also adding your character's bloodtype and any possible allergies (such as adhesives, pollen, peanuts etc), so that the CMU (if you plan on having it) gets notified, and to have work arounds (or have the person suffer, give or take). This should keep the ideology that their systems isn't 100% crap and that their files are up to date. Anything else that needs to be added can simply be updated via in game.

The last bit is whether or not your character was from one of the educational facilities. Early on we probably won't see much of that, but given if this game keeps on going for a while, and we advance in game w/e amount of years, we'll see more and more indoctrinated people that came from those places. This is simple a mere way of identifying individuals, and it's up to the CP on how they wish to react to that.

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
I see where you are coming from, though I think this is rather odd to see in a characters description. Instead, have this placed on their Citizens profile. It’d be cool if this info was automatically placed during character creation into their profile, though that is a bit ambitious.

For instance though, if Civil Protection check for the first time, they can bring that person in and interrogate them for that data. It provides RP on all accounts, and allows characters to present personality. In fact, you could even forgo the “auto fill” bit and just go with this instead.

Consider it.

AbeBatJes

Ratings
Well I don't mean have it in their description per say.. like if possible have a section that adds into the /charinfo (or w/e the command was for the CPs).. but I still get the jest of where you're coming from :)

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Well I don't mean have it in their description per say.. like if possible have a section that adds into the /charinfo (or w/e the command was for the CPs).. but I still get the jest of where you're coming from :)
Ahh right I'm tracking now. I thought you meant literally put it in a character's description from which you can see just by hitting "E" on them and whatnot. My bad.

But ya, having this in the character's city profile would be a very nice touch that would give something for the Civil Protection to do, allow a character to talk about their backstory, and also go with the totalitarian theme of the Union knowing everything about you by literally having CP's take you in, get as much info as they can about you (even if you did nothing wrong) and then let you go knowing that they have another edge on you.

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
Yes, I think having the ability to enter this information in would make character creation a bit more interesting. Also makes sense as yes, this information would very much be on a CPs datapad, so when they look up a citizen, they should be able to see all this information logged on a citizens profile.

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
I don’t mean to be that guy that suggests through another persons suggestion, but I think it’d be much better if the Civil Protection were the ones to enter this. It’d allow for more RP overall and actually fit theme.

Dark Gamer

HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
Good suggestion, loads of opportunities bla bla. Stated some good things on the discord already and the posts above detail the positve aspects of introducing this.
You can introduce new rewards for civilians where they are able to reinforce their family cohesion manually in turn for SCP more effectively.
Also makes sense as yes, this information would very much be on a CPs datapad, so when they look up a citizen, they should be able to see all this information logged on a citizens profile.
Tell me though, are CPs literally gonna have datapads they walk around with? As much as the cop leads MIGHT want to distance themself from sci-fi cops, why would they not have these 'Datafiles' or 'Profiles' on their visor?

A: Datapads can be stolen and abused by rebels. Even if there is a rule that lore-wise disables them from interacting with it, I am 100% sure new players will try it out anyways.
B: Using the visor is more secretive and probably more effective in the city.
C: You won't need any scripts for a datapad item.

Last edited:

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
Good suggestion, loads of opportunities bla bla. Stated some good things on the discord already and the posts above detail the positve aspects of introducing this.
You can introduce new rewards for civilians where they are able to reinforce their family cohesion manually in turn for SCP more effectively.

Tell me though, are CPs literally gonna have datapads they walk around with? As much as the cop leads MIGHT want to distance themself from sci-fi cops, why would they not have these 'Datafiles' or 'Profiles' on their visor?

A: Datapads can be stolen and abused by rebels. Even if there is a rule that lore-wise disables them from interacting with it, I am 100% sure new players will try it out anyways.
B: Using the visor is more secretive and probably more effective in the city.
C: You won't need any scripts for a datapad item.
Alright, that could probs go in its own suggestion though it might already be a case it's on their visor anyway. I just went with whatever I am used to, not actually sure what CPs are using. So I have nothing to say in response to this as I have no clue myself. xd

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
I don’t mean to be that guy that suggests through another persons suggestion, but I think it’d be much better if the Civil Protection were the ones to enter this. It’d allow for more RP overall and actually fit theme.
I would say, maybe both could do it. I see it as an optional thing, something which either the player themselves can do as it is.. well their character, but at the same time, something CPs can do. I am just going off the fact that maybe CPs won't be interested in entering such information I have seen plenty of times in the past where they write half-assed comments or just don't care to spend their time entering in information. Some CPs will do it, some won't. SO I would say both the player on creation can enter it in or can go to a CP and get it done that way.

At the end of the day, it is a choice whether to bother with it or not, some people won't exactly care much if their information is forever empty on their profile or not, including CP players. While I do agree with it being done by CP players, I would say both can for the sake of that freedom of choice being there if the player wants to do it, or wait until they find a CP player willing to spend time entering such info.

Dark Gamer

HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
I would say, maybe both could do it. I see it as an optional thing, something which either the player themselves can do as it is.. well their character, but at the same time, something CPs can do. I am just going off the fact that maybe CPs won't be interested in entering such information I have seen plenty of times in the past where they write half-assed comments or just don't care to spend their time entering in information. Some CPs will do it, some won't. SO I would say both the player on creation can enter it in or can go to a CP and get it done that way.

At the end of the day, it is a choice whether to bother with it or not, some people won't exactly care much if their information is forever empty on their profile or not, including CP players. While I do agree with it being done by CP players, I would say both can for the sake of that freedom of choice being there if the player wants to do it, or wait until they find a CP player willing to spend time entering such info.
Sounds like another job for dispatchers. Not sure how it could be limited to dispatchers, but I assume that dispatch can just order units to retrieve such information from new arrivals and then properly document it on their file.

Perhaps this documentation can also become a requirement for loyalists of some tier?

Sectus

Chief Deputy of Civil Protection
HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings

If we do it that way, there would need to be some priority for CP entries over civ entries, coz I can imagine civs editing their info to avoid capture.

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
If we do it that way, there would need to be some priority for CP entries over civ entries, coz I can imagine civs editing their info to avoid capture.
Ah, I meant they can only add it on character creation. But unable to alter information afterwards to stop exactly that. If they want to update anything, they will have to go through a CP in order to do so.

Flanders

OTA Lead
HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Yeah I feel like things like height, blood type, eye color, etc. Should only be a one-time setting during character creation, because it's not like you can easily alter those things.

Mendelevius

Antichrist
Staff member
Community Manager
Content Creator
Ratings
What if shoes are my religion? You would be discriminating me ICLY if you made me take them off, but then later I recanted and became a barefoot jesus?