Kawakun

Content Creator
Ratings
1568145171704.png

< : : Welcome, user. : : >
< : : Please choose an option. : : >

< : : Attention; the file you are attempting to access requires special clearance. To access, please scan your thumbprint and enter the five-digit pass ID. : : >

[ * * * * * ]
Access Granted.

< : : Loading file... Please wait. : : >

1568143568230.png

"Greetings everyone, this file has been delivered to all of you as stated in the briefing this morning. I didn't have time to discuss the project in full, so it has been alternatively forwarded onto a readable document. All the information you require is below, don't worry about having to collect a physical document this time.

Just a side note; this is still a prototype and requires heavy development at the current time. Do not expect any updates for a long, long while. As exciting as it is for all of us, it will require patience, and anything can happen. Be patient. Do not get your hopes up.

Regards."

1568147795114.png

1568142411467.png

Attached above is Project Skybeam, and it's one of our most ambitious projects to date. Its location is in Lake Nipigon in Ontario, Canada, and can be seen from a maximum distance of approximately 20 Kilometers away. Due to the highly secretive nature of this project, it is heavily guarded, with a 30 ft in height wall surrounding the area at 30 km away from the suspender beacon's primary location, and a heavy presence of Overwatch and Airwatch units sweeping the perimeter at all times.

1568149747246.png
1568150367793.png

The project was first discussed in early 2010; a way to control atmospheric conditions in almost the snap of a finger. Many laughed at the idea of harnessing such power, but as more research was conducted, the possibility began to become a reality. Prototypes of a device nicknamed "The Suspender Beacon" were being drawn out for a few months and after a while construction had finally begun.

1568153128404.png

The current design. Here you can see the different sections, labelled. First, we start off with the battery. This battery contains a specimen we've nicknamed "Atmoformer", a crystal substance acquired off-world that, when triggered by a beam of electricity, shoots out a laser, converting the electricity into a highly dangerous, penetrating beam of energy.

The Laser Output allows this beam to shoot into the Laser Focus, which, well, focuses the beam with pinpoint accuracy, and simultaneously splits it into two smaller beams, which then travel into the Beacon Generator, and are spun at an extreme rate, increasing their speed to an extremely high level, before being shot into the Beacon Focus, up into the sky, kept stable by two support beams, borrowing some of the energy from within the generator.

When the suspender beacon shoots up into the sky, it is meant to release a currently unnamed element that somehow exponentially speeds up the atmospheric activity within the region, such as lowering the temperature or pressure of a certain area in the atmosphere extremely quickly, leading to sudden changes in the weather. Whatever the beacon creates is completely random, one minute it could cause a thunderstorm, the next a hurricane, after that a tornado.

If successful, this device could be of amazing use to the Combine, controlling atmospheric conditions to their advantage, causing natural disasters to scare off any threats, etc. Although in its current state, it cannot harness its full energy and is still constantly maintained, there are still some barriers to pass before this dream can fully become a reality.

1568155248909.png
< < Project Skybeam photographed from afar >>

Attachments

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
Not too sure about this one, I have some pretty mixed feelings about it. Though I am going to wait for more people to see this and comment on it to get a better idea of what others think about this as I am generally unsure of whether this would be a thing or not.

Kawakun

Content Creator
Ratings
Yea this was a small risk that I wanted to take, to see if I could try something new I suppose, I do understand that it has some flaws but hopefully maybe it could be polished up a small bit? Understand if not tho

Imperator RAD-X

Scotsman
Staff member
Community Manager
Ratings
Warning, particle cannon activated. You're not playing C&C Generals, are you?

In terms of this whole Project Skybeam, this really is up to the Union faction leads but I have to personally put my foot down on it due to the fact that it's a utilised super weapon effectively placed out of thin air. I'd had preferred an even larger utilisation of the Weather Control station utilised from the Beta since that's something people are familiar with a bit. This seems... well... really OP to a certain point of view. I know, it's weather manipulation and all. So there's that and the potential friendly fire that can occur from a beam of this magnitude and along with the natural disaster spontaneous consequences.

But the determination and content is impressive, including the layout of it.

I'll tag the boys and see what they have to say.

Sectus
Spine
lucid
Flanders
shad

Kawakun

Content Creator
Ratings
Maybe give it a bit of a nerf, like for example; "The device can only run for a minute before deactivating, with an approximately 10-hour recharge required." kind of thing, which limits it from being a super-OP weapon. But yea, it's fine if it doesn't pass, I was expecting it to be a bit of a controversial subject to touch lol

Imperator RAD-X

Scotsman
Staff member
Community Manager
Ratings
Well Kawakun, I've came back to it.

It kind of doesn't fit in with the Half Life feel of the lore, and knowing the Combine this is something that would feel a bit unnecessary.

Thanks for the submission, but this cannot make the cut.