Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Installation Profile
Compound 3
Official Division: UPRD
Purpose: Research operations within the region of sectors three, five, and the southern portion of sector four.
Area of Interest: The continent of Australia along with neighboring Tasmania and New Zealand.

Introductory
Compound 3 is a research installation operated by the Universal Union's UPRD division. Located within what used to be known pre-arrival as the Munga-Thirri National Park, it is tasked with the observation and research of all objects of interests upon the Australian continent. It is also tasked with performing such activities on the neighboring land masses of Tasmania and New Zealand via outreaching facilities and research outposts.

Compound 3 is outfitted with almost every branch of the UPRD, and is capable of performing a wide variety of research within the region. Supplementing Compound 3 are multiple research outposts that act as child-installations, which exist to accurately observe a more specific environment upon the continent. Many of these research outposts are located among the shores of Australia in order to observe the extravagant aquatic life that flanks the continent itself.

Compound 3 is one of the largest UPRD installations within the Union, the reason being its centralized location among a large mass of land as well as its position as the only Compound among a large expanse of land.

Compound 3 Layout
Compound 3 is equipped with a wide variety of division research facilities in order to meet its demand as the sole Compound among the Australian continent. UPRD Divisions present on Compound 3 include:
  • Terrestrial Flora Division (TFoD)
  • Terrestrial Fauna Division (TFaD)
  • Terrestrial Microscopics Division (TMD)
  • Homosapien Physiological, Psychological, and Sociological Division (HPPSD)
  • Anomalic Investigations and Containment Division (AICD)
Each of these divisions hold a major facility within Compound 3 with the exception of the HPPSD which holds a smaller facility due to a lowered abundance of HPPSD Topics to study within the region.

A major element of Compound 3 is its adaptation to the harsh environment of the Australian Outback. Because of its location, it is subject to dangerously hot temperatures, especially during the warmer seasons of Earth. Furthermore is the endangerment of staff integrity due to the naturally dangerous and lethal fauna located within Australia. Because of these two factors, medical personel within Compound 3 and child installations are given specialized training in both heat-related injuries as well as local wildlife safety, and supplied with various anti-heat, and anti-venom products in order to counteract these threats to personnel health.

It is also imparative that facilities within Compound 3 are equipped with HVAC equipment and constantly checked and maintained to prevent failures of said equipment, both within research environments and that of subsidiary structures such as personnel quarters and other areas where human life is present.

The following priority structures are located within Compound 3:

TFoD Facility
Tasked with researching all manner of flora within Compound 3's area of interest. Oversees and collects transported specimens from TFoD Outposts located outside of Compound 3 (especially that of Tasmania and New Zealand) as well as documenting observations and auxilliary research from said outposts. Xen floral life is also held in Compound 3, but is done so through an attached wing of the AICD Facility that is ran by TFoD.

Popular specimens include plants native to Australia, such as Bull Kauri, Palm Valley Myrtle, Dallachy's Banksia, and Sturt's Desert Rose.
  • ERF 3-7, Nelson Lakes, TFoD Research of New Zealand
  • ERF 3-8, Strathgordon, TFoD Research of Tasmania
  • RO 3-15, Kalgoorie, Plant Observation, Western Australia
  • RO 3-16, Port Augusta, Plant Observation, Southern Australia
  • RO 3-17, Mount Britton, Plant Observation, Northeastern Australia

TFaD Facility
Tasked with researching the wild and often dangerous fauna within Compound 3's area of interest. Compound 3's TFaD Facility is considered the largest facility within the Compound, and works in tandem with AICD's facility due to the massive amount of Xen Wildlife located among the continent. This is further supported by the unique wildlife present in Australia that is not located anywhere else on the planet. Because of this, Compound 3 is considered a "TFaD-centric" compound.

The TFaD facility within Compound 3 is ran under strict safety policies to ensure the safety of TFaD scientists. Containment within this facility is paramount, and scientists take great care to ensure that containment chambers for all specimens are well maintained and well observed. Xen Wildlife, due to its highly dangerous and unique nature, is held in an attached wing within the AICD Facility that is ran by TFaD.

Popular specimens include fauna native or abundant in Australia such as kangaroos, koalas, dingo's, echidnas, platypuses, wallabys, and wombats. Marsupials make up a large majority of the studied native fauna within Compound 3. Xen wildlife also has a large presence within the TFaD facility, including houndeyes, headcrabs with local adaptations, bullsquids, and especially snarks which are rampant through the Australian continent. Aquatic life is also stored within Compound 3, which comprises of aquatic life native to Australia and neighboring land masses. Because of the limited environment however, aquatic life within the compound itself is often simply present for containment and preservation than it is for study, which is mostly done through Outposts.
  • ERF 3-1, Karroun Hill, TFaD Research of Western Australia.
  • ERF 3-2, Pilliga East, TFaD Research of Eastern Australia.
  • ERF 3-3, Port Lincoln, TFaD Aquatic Research of southern Australian shores.
  • ERF 3-4, Townsville, TFaD Aquatic Research of northeastern Australian shores.
  • ERF 3-5, Reynold's Island Tasmania, TFaD Research of Tasmania
  • ERF 3-6, Wellington New Zealand, TFaD Research of New Zealand
  • RO 3-1, Lake Mackay, Land Observation, Central Western Australia
  • RO 3-2, Dumbleyung, Land Observation, Southwestern Australia
  • RO 3-3, Bunbury, Aquatic Observation, Southwestern Australian Shores
  • RO 3-4, Paraburdoo, Land Observation, Northwestern Australia
  • RO 3-6, Broome, Aquatic Observation, Northwestern Australian Shores
  • RO 3-7, Glendambo, Land Observation, Southern Australia
  • RO 3-8, Cape-Jervis, Aquatic Observation, Southern Australia Shores
  • RO 3-9, Cunnamulla, Land Observation, Central Eastern Australia
  • RO 3-10, White Mountains, Land Observation, Northeastern Australia
  • RO 3-11, Stanley Island, Aquatic Observation, Northeastern Australia Shores
  • RO 3-12, Jindabyne, Land Observation, Southeastern Australia
  • RO 3-13, Cape Howe, Aquatic Observation, Southeastern Australia
  • RO 3-14, Bluff, Land/Aquatic Observation, Southern New Zealand

TMD Facility
The TMD Facility within Compound 3 is considered another major facility due to its collaboration with the AICD. The TMD Facility is tasked with the containment and research of microscopic entities in Australia and neighboring land masses. However, the TMD does not research the infamous Cigar parasite [1.], though works along with AICD to contain this parasite. Because of the nature of the 'Cigar' parasite, the TMD does not contain said entity within the main TMD Facility, but instead holds an attached wing within the AICD Facility that is located as far as possible from Xenian containment wings.
  • ERF 3-Beta, Alpurrurulam, TMD Handling and Transportation of the Cigar Parasite between RO 3-Alpha and Compound 3
  • RO 3-18, Outer City 39 near RO 3-5, observes any notable outbreaks within City 39.
HPPSD Facility
The HPPSD Facility is considered the smallest division facility within Compound 3 due to its minor role in the region. The HPPSD located within Compound 3 specialize in the use of toxic substances to alter human physiology and psychology through the use of venoms and chemicals garnered from other division facilities within Compound 3. These substances are applied through other research projects which involve the science of interrogation. Because of the inherit nature of the HPPSD, they are often contact with the local City 39, which holds a minor foundation within the City limits that focuses on field testing newly synthesized chemicals used in interrogations. This has given City 39's MPF an inherit reputation of being exceptionally intimidating, as legends abound of the tortures that anti-citizens may be put through at the hands of the MPF, and secretly the HPPSD.

Compound 3's HPPSD Facility only has control over RO 3-5, which is located within outer City 39 in an area prohibited from Citizen interaction.

AICD Facility
The second largest facility within Compound 3. The AICD have an integral presence within Compound 3 due to the abundant and obvious presence of the "Cigar" parasite as well as the large number of xenian wildlife within the region. This facility is put under strict watch due to the presence of contagious parasites that are considered anomalies. Because of this, OTA are located within Compound 3, but are only tasked with the defense and observation of the AICD Facility, not the Compound itself.

The AICD Facility is constantly communicating with Research Outpost 3-Alpha due to the Research Outpost's task of observing the "Cigar" parasite and obtaining instances of the "Cigar" for on-site research and transportation to Compound 3.

Research Outpost 3-Alpha is located in Mataranka, and is the primary outpost in charge of the observation and capture of the Cigar Parasite. While on-site research is performed, data collection is done mostly through field observation, while containment remains the large factor of RO 3-Alpha. RO 3-Alpha makes common trips to ERF 3-Beta for anomaly temporary containment and parasite transportation procedure to Compound 3. RO 3-Alpha is known to be a large Research Outpost, almost the size of a facility, and contains scientist who specialize in the observation and capture of Cigar Parasites and infected specimen. RO 3-Alpha also has a small team of TFaD scientists who are tasked with containing infected fauna. While RO 3-Alpha does well to practice safe handling and research, it is a naturally dangerous location, and the occasional infected individual does appear every once in a while, warranting quarantine within Compound 3.

Attached Documentation
1.['Cigar' Parasite Infested Region]

Last edited:

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Author's Note:
This is the start of a series of Lore submissions that detail different UPRD Installations located throughout Earth. I thought Australia would be a perfect start, as it provides a healthy bit of unique info (with Australia's natural wildlife and the presence of an anomaly-like entity) while also being tame and standard unlike some other locations I have planned in the future.

This format is generally how most of them will look like. Something to note is that "Attached Documentation" will be where any sort of topics related to the installation are posted. These can be both my own works or others. I will usually mention the creator of said threads in which they can provide input. This goes for the entire document as well. I will tend to grab info that other people make in the area of interest from other documents, and will properly mention the author of said threads to see their opinion.

Also to note- I do not care if other people want to make documentation that can go along with the UPRD. I encourage it even, as long as I can look at it before I put it on the documentation. While this is my series of work, I am totally down for other people's works to be included. I wouldn't even mind other installations from other members as long as they message me first about it.

You'll also notice a lot of locations marked down. I do wish to see at least some of these placed on the map we have, at least the major locations such as ERF's and the Compound itself, and any notable Outposts. I understand though that this is up to whoever runs that map.

As always, I'm open to criticism and questions. I'm willing to make alterations as long as I can provide my own input if needed. If this were approved, it would go under "Interesting Locations". At least that's how I see it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention shit

Last edited:

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Update: Changed the name of the Compound from Compound 39 to Compound 3 to fit a new naming convention I came up with.

Imperator RAD-X

Scotsman
Community Manager
Ratings
Hello and apologies for the delays.

This is very incredible. I am going to take full authority in prescribing an acceptance on this.

Cheers.

Equinox

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
Update: Fixed a typo (City 3 -> City 39) and fixed some RO names since there were some issues.