Imperator RAD-X

Scotsman
Staff member
Community Manager
Ratings
Thread Information:
This topic is in relation to the debate that is to provide the best balance of interaction between the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, Civil Protection and the Civil Administration Board. I will make it very clear that the interaction between all of these factions is not required. The purpose of this discussion as well to simmer the tensions between these factions, since it is abundantly clear that there is an issue in regards to how faction leads want their players to interact on the server, since Half-Life 2: Roleplay is required to have players interact (otherwise it'll be a boring walk-rp fest or worse). TeslaCloud is responsible for ensuring an interactive playthrough of the gamemode, I don't want to ensure that the freedoms of a player is harmed, no matter what faction they are. Of course, I understand the responsibility and behaviors of factions such as the OTA and Civil Protection along with CAB, but we shouldn't punish individuals for interacting.

If TeslaCloud, as a community, is to make the best out of the given situation for HL2: RP, then there needs to be a consensus where players are given the ability to enhance their own roleplay with the assistance of GMs and other staff members. This is to be done without having their journeys moderated/restricted and the same goes for all three of the above-listed factions. In linkage to this, we want to have factions to interact with each other as much as possible. It won't kill you to talk with someone on the game and even then that is something we need to remember.

This is a roleplaying game, not bootcamp.

What factors / boundaries are in play when factions are interacting with each other:
  • Factions trying to impose authority on others when it is not necessary / unwanted / not decreed for..
  • Methods of In-Character communication and how they behave with one another.
  • Whether a player's set of actions during a specific duty come first.
  • The Situation the roleplay scenario is based upon / where it's taking place.
  • The availability of the faction and its characters that are active on the server doing something else.
What factors / boundaries are not in play when factions are interacting with each other.
  • Being off duty on a character.
  • Passively roleplaying to pass the time or waiting for something to happen.
  • The population of players on the server.
  • Pursuing friendships/bondings or willing to progress your storyline.
  • Taking part in events that happen on the server.

I'm open for discussion on the forum as per the request of other members of the community and staff team.

Last edited:

Sectus

Chief Deputy of Civil Protection
HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
The information has been retracted as one of the other CopComm has changed their mind about the issue and how it should be handled IC.

Pending discussion between us and the higher ups, there is no official stance on this matter.

Flanders

HL2RP Gamemaster
Content Creator
Ratings
This topic of discussion seems like a specifically CP-CAB thing to me. Interaction from OTA to CAB on any level other than professional is ICly impossible due to their augmented status. OTA aren't going to be having idle conversations with anyone unless it's to convey information that's important to the immediate situation. This was previously resolved to my best understanding in yesterday's private meeting.

OTA is meant to be used as a utility faction, you're not playing one specific character or soldier every time you flag on.

We do not expect our whitelist holders to 'main' OTA for this reason. We internally encourage you play other more roleplay-oriented factions while you're not needed/wanting to be on your soldier.

Last edited:

Sectus

Chief Deputy of Civil Protection
HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
Update:

We have come to a consensus on this matter; during normal patrol CPs are highly discouraged from interacting with CAB. However, during periods where cops are inside the Nexus in neutral zones (not belonging to either CP or CAB) they are allowed to speak with CAB. They are still prohibited from revealing their identities or any other confidential information to CAB.

This effectively maintains the cold and distant image CPs are meant to display toward citizens, but allows them to interact with CAB in a more social manner.