Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
TeslaCloud FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Q. When will TeslaCloud be released for the public to play on?
A. The date is not confirmed as of this moment. A date will be given closer to an almost functional but not broken/bug-ridden framework.​
Q. Where can I find the Discord?
A. You can find the discord via the navigation bar, footer bar at the bottom of the site page or via a redirection link in the 'Information' section​

Q. Where can I find the Lore?
A. You will find all of the Lore within the Half-life 2: Roleplay Lore section which is located under 'Server Boards'​

Q. What is the World Map, what can we do with it?
A. The World Map is an interactive map found in the Lore section that allows you to see the exact location of strongholds, cities, threats, POI's and more all from one visual section. You can even find descriptions relating to such locations by clicking on them.​

Q. Can I submit my own Lore?
A. Yes, you can! Simply go to the Lore submissions section within the Lore forums.​

Q. What do Gamemasters do?
A. Gamemasters are both the server admins and event organisers. We believe in a decentralized management system, compared to a centralized management where only a few hold responsibility. As a result, we view all Gamemasters to wield equal say and responsibility to manage the server and its players. Event characters, tools, player rewards, scenarios and events need no permission from either Community Manager nor Community Director. They do not necessarily need permission for their actions, but if they do abuse their power, the Community managers can and will deal with them.​
If you would like to help out as a GM, then you contact Atle or Robert Mendelevius Imperator RAD-X today!​

Q. What makes TeslaCloud different from other communities?
A. We are a community of people from many different backgrounds, past servers and so on which strive to make HL2:RP a much better place then it currently is. We aim to give players a ton of freedom, allowing them to decide their fate, storyline, have some effect on the world and have the world react to their actions. We do not want players to feel bogged down by rules and feel restricted. No more invisible walls or props/text telling you that you can't go somewhere, no more rules stopping you from doing certain actions with your characters. The players are now the ones writing the story, not the Staff. You create, you decide, you enjoy yourself.​

Q. So... what will the citizen faction be like? I see the other factions have lots to do, what about me as a standard citizen?
A. The citizen faction is still something we are majorly working on behind the scenes, trying to sort out some of the main issues that have been spotted or created over the years since HL2:RP first started. However, we can tell you now that we are doing our very best to make sure the citizen faction is very much involved in all aspects of the City and its functionality, meaning their RP will be increased. We will also be making sure that citizens can have fun and gain the chance to play games with other citizens, chat with other factions and interact other than Resistance/Refugees and much much more! Just you wait!!!​

Q. Where is the CWU (Civil Workers Union)?
A. The Civil Workers Union has been removed and replaced with a newer and more refined business system. Citizens can now interact with the Civil Administration Faction and start-up their own businesses freely. Of course, you will have to convince some characters, but in the end, you now can start your own business without a whitelist. You can also create unofficial businesses which require no such authorization to be created. Read more about them here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h--7JHBQIi9sRDOvwFm-HaeHw3ZmxsRiVjN9S6ys808/edit?usp=sharing (page 5, this will be summarized later)​

Q. Nothing on the Loyalty System?
A. Loyalty is still very much a WIP, but you can read these two documents here:​

Q. Is there a Dev Blog anywhere?
A. Yes, you can find the Dev Blog on the forums under the 'Flux Development' section of the forums. You can find the GitHub on the discord in #gitlogs​

Q. Is there a Patreon I can support TeslaCloud with?
A. Yes, we do indeed have our own Patreon. You can find it in the navigation bar at the top of the site or via the Discord in #Announcements. Here is the link: https://www.patreon.com/teslacloud
More questions will be added later, you can also ask over Discord to @Swan of Swans​

Last edited:

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
TeslaCloud FAQ Continued...
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers - Part 2

Q. Freedom Policy? What is it?
A. The Freedom Policy is something we value greatly here at TeslaCloud. You might have seen it mentioned on the Discord and here on the forums, even on this very post in the first section. Basically, the freedom policy is what we use to 'give power' to the players. We want all our players to feel welcomed here and be free to do and say as they please. To do that, we created this policy that allows freedom of movement in-game, freedom to talk in both discord and the forums without being censored (Unless it is hostile), free to speak their opinions and concerns, etc.​
It is essentially freedom of speech except with a few extra additions of other parts of freedom not related to speech but in-game activities as well. You may notice we have little rules here and moderation feels non-existent. That is because we do not moderate unless it is really necessary, if someone was being outright rude, we would moderate them, but if someone was just memeing for example in a random chat, we most likely wouldn't do much. We do not want people to think that we are some sort of community in the business of being overly serious, so we allow some leniency to our players.​
This does not just extend to players, but staff members as well. They are not bound by any form of activity requirement, event requirement, or so on. We allow them to continue as long as they do not abuse their abilities given to them or make members feel unwelcome. Everything they do requires no authorisation, it is in their hands and if they do mess up, the Community Managers will be the ones to deal with them if such things come to pass.​

Q. Suggestions, where do I make them?
Suggestions can be made in the Suggestions & Complaints section of the forums, or if you prefer a large active discussion to happen in a 'live' state, you can make it on the Discord #Suggestions channel. While some may tell you to move it to the forums, don't feel like you have to unless you really want to, we will still respond to discord suggestions all the same and treat them as proper suggestions, discuss them and maybe document them for future implementation.​

Q. How do I report staff members?
If a moderation/staff member is in some way abusing their power, censoring someone/you or even disrespecting others via Discord or Forums, you should take it to Imperator RAD-X Robert or Mendelevius either on discord or forums or better yet, use the 'Admin Abuse Reports' section on the forums. You will need to provide what happened, your name and others involved along with evidence of the event. A format will be made later on for this.​

Q. I have spotted something in the guides which goes against the Community Guidelines/Freedom Policy. What do I do?
A. If you have found something that goes against our policy or guidelines, it would very much be appreciated if you brought it up with the Community Managers or Atle so we can deal with it as soon as possible. If you are uncertain if something is against our policy, then feel free to bring it up anyway and we can point you in the right direction and again deal with it if it is.​

Q. So I now know TeslaCloud is not ready for launch server-wise, what about faction, lore and structure-wise?
A. When it comes to this, we would say at least around 60-70% of the Community is set-up on this end. Faction wise, we have CAB, CPs, Citizens and OTA sorted. Resistance is WIP. Lore wise is done, but we are always adding to it, so technically it is never finished, it will continue to write itself as time goes on, and when the server is up, the player's actions in-game write the Lore. The structure is pretty much sorted, just a few things to go over and all that, but most of the basics are pretty much done.​

Status
Not open for further replies.