<<:: Connection Established ::>>
<<:: Please insert username and password ::>
<<:: Username: ******** | Password: ******************** ::>>
<<:: Profile accepted, welcome! ::>>

Installation 22
Shell Loading and Breeding Station

Coordinates: -22.1038283, 46.9587564
Current Directives: Headcrab breeding and shell loading

Installation 22 is a biological breeding and manufacturing facility housed in the jungles of Madagascar. To keep the facility hidden from prying eyes, vegetation was influenced and spread around the facility to keep any unwanted individuals from finding it. For added protection, a mixture of hoppers have been placed randomly on the outskirts of the installation, with various hidden turrets for added protection.

The benefits of the parasitics came into fruition after the UU invaded when various necrotics started to show. With the ideology of being able to take down footholds with strategic strikes would make it more beneficial for the Union, without expending any additional units. Due to there being only one way going in and out of Earth, a transport a few Gonarch Matriarchs were brought out from Xen and to the facility, where they were strapped down and experimented on.

One of the problems that was quickly found out though is that the parasitics could easily be killed, due to their slow movements and poor reaction times. To combat against this and to make them a more fearsome creature, the scientists at the facility biologically engineered and forcefully made the parasitics evolve to be more quick. The drawback is that their tissue is much softer, and prone to being more easily killed. However it was designed to be used in packs so that it could confuse and scare the enemy, in a form of a blitzkrieg. These parasitics would then be dubbed as "Pathogens".

It is also here that the Virome strand would be accidentally made. In a way to test out the creatures survivability, the parasitics (acting as the control and experimented on to see a difference) were placed in 0°C, vacuum-tight rooms, and even dumped in acid. Many of these experiments, both with satisfactory and unsatisfactory conclusions, came with an interesting discovery. When exposed to a Latrotoxin (specifically the Black Widow Spider), and various cobras cause the parasite to react violently. Over several sessions and forcefully modifying their genome, caused the parasitic to not only start producing a potent neurotoxin within in, but also thickened their carapace as well. However taking some of the traits of these original creatures, the Virome is known to run away when injured, and tries to attack some the shadows or around corners.

It's theorized that the creatures seem to only get bigger and evolve to larger stages (due to their parasitic nature), however more studies need to be made.

With many of these tests going underway, another section of the facility was created to make a housing for these creatures. A modified shell used as artillery to destroy buildings would be slightly expanded but hollowed out, to house at least four to five headcrabs at maximum (due to their survivability and little to no need for oxygen).

Several testing stages were conducted around Madagascar to test the mechanics of the shells. Several miles away from the facility would be cascade of shells, some opened and many others closed. And roaming around from and away from these shells would be various different Parasitic, Pathogen and Virome species. Due to this, much of the ground wildlife would dwindle in number from both the shelling and the parasites themselves.​

Last edited:

Sectus

Chief Deputy of Civil Protection
HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
Sector is a title already used to designate which sector administrator is in charge of large swaths of land mass on earth.

:oops:

AbeBatJes

Ratings
00f. Ahhh feels bad. I wasn't entirely sure what name to properly use :< .. but it's all just an idea, whether it's an installation or somethin', kek ;)

Sectus

Chief Deputy of Civil Protection
HL2RP Gamemaster
Ratings
00f. Ahhh feels bad. I wasn't entirely sure what name to properly use :< .. but it's all just an idea, whether it's an installation or somethin', kek ;)
http://prntscr.com/pg9mw9

Any of those could work. I'd just prefer to avoid an overlap in designations so that people aren't confused and think there are three extra sectors.

Imperator RAD-X

Scotsman
Staff member
Community Manager
Ratings
We don't have anything related with headcrab genetic weaponizing. I'd love for you to expand upon this and detail some more since it quite frankly brings an element of interest to me. There might also be others who might like to see an answer on why we have variations of headcrabs in further detail.

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
As Rad said, please can you expand upon this a bit more? It would be interesting to get a view of this in much more detail than currently given and would be nice to have Lore relating to Headcrabs. After you are finished, just pop a message or tag me or Rad here and we can re-review your work.

Robert

British Swan
Staff member
Community Manager
Platinum Supporter
Ratings
Read through it and now this is much better. I like the descriptions of the 2 variants and also the location that you have placed the facility in. I am all for this. Good job.